Maxine

I do not wish you to rest in peace!

I want what happens next to be wild and energetic and exciting, with hours of dancing, dancing dancing and parties with champagne guzzled straight from the necks of giant bottles, the bubbles buzzing in your mouth and fizzing down your noes with unsupressable giggles.

I wish you outrageous sex with gorgeous men. I wish you splashings in surf and swims in oceans, I wish you laughter as the cold waves lift you up and crash you down. 

I wish you running. Running for the joy and the rush of it- running with arms outstretched as if in flight- sprinting mile after mile with the endless capacity of healthy lungs! Superhuman lungs!

I wish you singing not nicely but loudly- bellowingly-and knowing all the lyrics to your favourite songs! I wish you karaoke and costumes! I wish you silly wigs and disco lights. I wish you loud music, endless cake and sparkling candles refecting in your shining eyes! I wish you holidays and festivals and long nights of pub lock ins. I wish you mountain climbs, and river rapids and endless city skylines!  Let there always be Christmases and snowmen and cuddles and friends with whom you can recount the days gone and sing alongs round crackling bonfires.

And when you move may you dash- may you bound up stairs, swing round lampposts, cartwheel clumsily on the lawn. I wish you fast car rides, bunjee jumps and a million kisses as the sun goes down. 

For yours is not the kind of peace that comes from rest! You've had to do too much- God knows- too much of that already! Rest no more! Up, up, up and rise and dance and sing and love and have your brand new mighty heart beat strong enough to fuel your every energetic whim! Skip skip through the streets, through the world, through eternity with nothing to restrain you now but your desires! 

Comments

Popular Posts